Just like the Contributor’s Bucket List, I also asked them to tell me some things they never thought they would do, but did. Here they are!
- Flown pretty (multiple times).
- Performed on stage.
- Gotten my hair styled pretty.
- Had wig fittings pretty (multiple times).
- Have had a massage pretty (once).
- Had a facial pretty (multiple times).
- Had a makeover pretty (multiple times).
- Stayed in a bed & breakfast as myself the entire time (multiple times).
- Manicures/pedicures (so many times I couldn’t even count and with so many different colors!).
- Been to an indoor swimming pool (once).
- Been to outdoor swimming pools (multiple times).
- Been to the beach (multiple times, in a bikini, tankini and one-piece bathing suit).
- Attended a church (multiple times, both Catholic and Protestant).
- Crashed a Christmas party at a 5* hotel pretty (once).
- Grown my hair out and worn it naturally in public for a month (once).
- Visited museums, galleries, libraries, zoos, malls, every type of store, theatres and movies, concerts, parks, gardens and other tourist attractions pretty (too many times to count).
- Bought my groceries pretty (for weeks on end).
- Eaten out at nice restaurants pretty (multiple times).
- Have had dresses altered while pretty (multiple times).
- Done a professional studio photo shoot pretty (once).
- Even went to my own “prom” by going to a production of “Jamie” pretty (once).
- Attend the Symphony.
- Attended a Baseball Game (White Sox).
- Attended a Musical (Kinky Boots).
- Attend a Music Festival (EDC Orlando).
- Attended an Amateur Burlesque Performance.
- Went to a Blues/Jazz Club (Many times now).
- Taken the CTA train (now preferred transportation).
That’s quite a list ladies! I’ll pull together my own list, which will include some similar things, many things you would never have thought of. These lists are compiled not to brag, but to shine a light for those wanting to go out, but simply need the inspiration.
A Bonus Gwen Post!
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY. 🧨
I am Red, White and Blue LGBTQ.🌈
I live my dreams every day. I wake up each morning with a great sense of enthusiasm and expectation because the country that I live in gives me the freedom to pursue my dreams to their fullest extent.
I am proud to be an American. This country has come so far since its inception and blazes a gold standard of equality, freedom, and liberty for the rest of the world to strive for. This struggle is never complete and of course, there’s always improvement to be made but through love and respect for one another, we can overcome anything!
I believe we, as LGBTQ Americans, MUST SPEAK UP and voice our opinion. We must STAND UP for what is right, which is to let the world know who we really are. However, we must do so with dignity.
We have the right and the obligation to voice our feelings and opinions. These rights were fought and died for through over 200+ years of struggle. By not utilizing these gifts, we do those that died to provide us these rights a disservice. We owe it to them to not waste ourselves. I know that each day brings me closer to realizing my full potential and I am filled with hope and positive energy.
My life as an Trans American is wonderful and gets better each day. To be on the Earth in this wonderful land is a gift, and I enjoy it immensely. I take time every day to remind myself just how awesome my life is.
I am more than average. I am a conqueror of all challenges. I know that living my dreams requires dedication and effort and I appreciate the opportunity that America gives to me to even be able to elevate myself because in so many parts of the world this dream would not even exist and I’d be persecuted.
Today, as a Red, White and Blue American, I renew my commitment to living my dreams. I am grateful for what I have and the blessings to come. I am unstoppable. I am living my dreams more and more each day.
Be Strong. 💪